Great… it’s raining!
Ok it’s raining, but it’ll take more than that to put a dampener on your stay in Arcachon Bay!
On wet or cloudy days, take the opportunity to discover other activities that are just as fun for holidays or weekend breaks.
Local media libraries and swimming pools, casinos, bowling, laser games, cinema, balneotherapy…
There’s no shortage of ways to get out and about, even when it’s raining!
Cultural and discovery outings
- Maison Louis David in Andernos-les-Bains
- Petit Musée de l’Huître, Cabane n°55 in Andernos-les-Bains
- Arcachon Museum and Aquarium
- La Chapelle des Marins in Arcachon
- La Maison de l’Huître, in Gujan-Mestras
- L’Ecomusée de Gardarem in Lanton
- La Cabane du Résinier in Lège-Cap Ferret
- Cap Ferret Lighthouse and its interactive exhibition
Follow a guide!
- Arcachon City Tour in Arcachon
- Ostréi Tour: discover oyster-farming ports
- Behind the scenes at La Criée (fish auction) in Arcachon
- La Source des Abatilles in Arcachon
- Little Train in Arcachon (covered train)
- “Les Gourmandises d’Aliénor” chocolate factory in La Teste de Buch
- Aquitaine caviar – L’Esturgeonnière in Le Teich
- Gironde caviar, Moulin de la Cassadote in Biganos
- Tour of the SMURFIT-KAPPA paper mill in Biganos
- Miellerie du Vigneau honey farm in Biganos
Go to your nearest Tourist Office to find out more about these visits
Things to do with kids
- Foli’z, a large covered play area in Biganos
- BIG’A JUMP, covered Trampoline Park in Biganos
- The Bay’s cinemas are open all year round!
Covered boat trips
Departures from Arcachon, Le Cap Ferret, Le Canon and Andernos-les-Bains, according to the trip and season:
- Tour of the Ile aux Oiseaux, duration 1 hr 45 min / Adult: €16, Child (4 to 12 years): €11, Young Child (1 to 3 years): €5.50
- Grand Tour of the Bay, duration 2 hr 45 min / Adult: €25, Child (4 to 12 years): €17, Young Child (1 to 3 years): €8.50
Contact the Union des Bateliers (Arcachon Boatmen’s Union) for more information.
Not far from the Bay…
Set off to explore Bordeaux:
- Slip on a pair of boots and wander through the old streets of Bordeaux
- Settle back in one of the unique armchairs in the Utopia cinema
- Take the opportunity to shop in the longest street in Europe: Rue Sainte-Catherine
- You won’t be stuck for ideas for cultural outings in Bordeaux, with the Musée d’Aquitaine, Cap Science, CAPC and more
- Enjoy the local gastronomy in a large selection of restaurants
- Vineyards and châteaux: Bordeaux, Saint-Émilion, Médoc, Entre-deux-mers etc.
- Planète Bordeaux (Route de Libourne, Beychac-et-Caillau), La Winerie
Les Landes and inland:
- Aqua park – Spadium de Salles
- Marquèze eco-museum in Salles
- Musée de l’Hydravion in Biscarrosse